General Service Technician
General Service Technician
Advantage Auto Service has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Palmyra, NJ.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Advantage Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
I have known Scott Santos for approximately 30 years. First as an excellent technician and now as the owner of Advantage Auto. This vehicle care facility provides outstanding diagnosis, honesty, fair price, maintenance, repair and on time service. Advantage Auto is 100% customer oriented. Always service with a smile by excellent technicians and management. I remain totally satisfied with the results.
Jim Jones, 06/12/2020
The people are very nice they do good work and I would recommend them to anyone who needs work on their vehicles.
Jim Slater, 06/01/2020
I was pleased that Scott was able to mount and balance tires he did not provide. Advantage auto should add their name to tire rack installers. I like to pick the tires that best fit the car I am driving. Scott's team mounted and balanced perfectly. Also as a full service shop pointed out that I urgently needed a new battery cell died the day before and that rear brakes need attention. The biggest surprise is their beautiful location, a great place to walk your dog while waiting for your car to be fixed. Dog friendly shop! Highly recommend!
Gregory Gowen, 05/04/2020